POWER YOGA ...... mind and body in harmony.....



Thursday 24 February 2011

Yoga for kids!!

I recently had the pleasure of teaching yoga to a 6 year old boy. His Mum approached me and explained she thought it would really help with improving his concentration and balance. I was a little nervous at first as I have not much previous experience with children, but he was adorable and we had such good fun.  Not once did he lose his concentration or focus and performed the poses wonderfully! His Mum was so proud of him and I was so pleased and honoured I could help in that way.
Yoga is amazing for children, not only improving there balance, flexibility, co-ordination and strength but also it helps with building their confidence.  If we become strong and centred in a pose it helps us become strong and confident in everyday life and life situations. Children have so much pressure on them from school and fitting in with other children, etc., and yoga can help children cope with these pressures and help build there self esteem.
I was so touched that the little boy's Mum asked me to do such a thing for her son. If I ever one day have my own children I will definately do the same for them.
NAMASTE! x

No comments:

Post a Comment